Calling all Italian-American Organizations

Moderators: wldspirit, agatha, showglowjoe

Calling all Italian-American Organizations

by showglowjoe on 4:10 pm, Nov 04 2004

I have begun the process of finding contact information for all the clubs and other organizations in the Delaware Valley, seeking sources for posting events, public and otherwise on the new Philadelphia Calendar. I have already contacted several organizations but I need greater response NOW.

[color=red]It is important that I get your information for publication, as the calendar cannot kick off without priming the pump. [/color]

Eventually you will be able to post to the calendar directly and I will administrate the process. Please send me any and all calendar events for November, December and beyond ASAP.

Let's show those other Calendars that Philly is our lady and where things are happening.

How about them E A G L E S ????

And dont forget you can participate in this Philadelpohia Forum too, on any subject that interests you in our I-A community.

Joe De Felice
"Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind; it is not a matter of rosy cheeks, red lips and supple knees; it is a matter of the will, a quality of the imagination, a vigor of the emotions; it is the freshness of the deep springs of life..."
-- Samuel Ullman (1840-1924), Poet
showglowjoe
new arrival

by peter on 6:33 am, Aug 05 2005

The contact person for the ORDER OF SONS OF ITALY in their Washington DC Headquarters is [email protected]. This is so that persons who see, hear or read anything defamatory about Italians or Italian Americans can let the OSIA people know that there presence is needed in supporting Italian American heritage in the USA such as the defamatory spectacl;e against Italians during the Denver Colorado Columbus Day Parade. =Peter=
There are excellent websites to post inquiries concerning your family genalogy staffed by individual volunteers who do not charge anything but offer their knowledge to preserve family ties.
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 7:17 pm, Apr 23 2006

peter wrote:The contact person for the ORDER OF SONS OF ITALY in their Washington DC Headquarters is [email protected]. This is so that persons who see, hear or read anything defamatory about Italians or Italian Americans can let the OSIA people know that there presence is needed in supporting Italian American heritage in the USA such as the defamatory spectacl;e against Italians during the Denver Colorado Columbus Day Parade. =Peter=

What happened during the parade in Colorado?
bd

by peter on 7:33 pm, Apr 23 2006

The indians interfered and otherwise blocked the parade and caused trouble and the local government did not intervene and prosecute them for unlawful mayhem and discrimination against Italian nationality (which they should have since it appears to have been a been a bias crime..my opinion)=Peter=
There are excellent websites to post inquiries concerning your family genalogy staffed by individual volunteers who do not charge anything but offer their knowledge to preserve family ties.
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 8:31 pm, Apr 23 2006

peter wrote:The indians interfered and otherwise blocked the parade and caused trouble and the local government did not intervene and prosecute them for unlawful mayhem and discrimination against Italian nationality (which they should have since it appears to have been a been a bias crime..my opinion)=Peter=

Unbelievable. You gotta love the double standards in this country
bd

by peter on 1:48 pm, Apr 24 2006

You, like most people, are not even aware of what really HAS happened to this country and who controls it!!!!=Peter=
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 11:05 pm, Apr 24 2006

peter wrote:You, like most people, are not even aware of what really HAS happened to this country and who controls it!!!!=Peter=

??????
bd

by peter on 11:31 pm, Apr 24 2006

Dear Bd the plan to go to war with Iraq was drafted and written up by the current President of the World Bank Wolfowitz and starting with the Carter adminsitration each President since President Carter has turned down the Wolfowitz plan to REGIME CHANGE until this current idiot President was swayed by Wolfowitz, Pearl, Libby (you read newspapers>), President Cheney and Haliburton Corporation along with Israel and their lobby in Washington to name the lead group. So 80 Billion dollar contract with haliburton and commitment of US TROOPS (currently 2,390 dead and 18, 000 wounded so badly they could not return to combat (mostly loss of limbs). Now President Bush is being pushed to tangle with Iran because not only is Iraq a threat to Israel but so is Iran and guess who is pushing him on this????. Iraq threatened no one and had no connection with Al Queda and neither did Iran except Iran verbally threatend to destroy Israel in retaliation to USA pressure which Presdient Bush is doing to keep Israel safe once again. The european countries are going along with Bush buyt are not very serious and Russa and China are for iran because Bush is against Iran......=Peter=
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 2:20 am, May 01 2006

peter wrote:President Cheney and Haliburton Corporation along with Israel and their lobby in Washington to name the lead group. So 80 Billion dollar contract with haliburton and commitment of US TROOPS (currently 2,390 dead and 18, 000 wounded so badly they could not return to combat (mostly loss of limbs). Now President Bush is being pushed to tangle with Iran because not only is Iraq a threat to Israel but so is Iran and guess who is pushing him on this????. Iraq threatened no one and had no connection with Al Queda and neither did Iran except Iran verbally threatend to destroy Israel in retaliation to USA pressure which Presdient Bush is doing to keep Israel safe once again. The european countries are going along with Bush buyt are not very serious and Russa and China are for iran because Bush is against Iran......=Peter=

I suspected cheney was up to something. I heard he got real quiet when someone was asking him about those contracts. As for the Israel and Iran thing I heard that we oinly support Isreal because of the diamond trade. I suspect all this will come out sooner or later. Probably later after all the key people are dead just like the files that dealt with jfk
bd

by peter on 3:09 am, May 01 2006

I hardly think diamonds are the reason. The US Israeli lobby from within the government and of both parties as well as US Jewish support and heavy influence in and out of the Senate and Congress as well as the Israeli Likkud political party (Sharons party) influence in the Pentagon is responsible for any and all US involvement in support of Israel. The US government appears to be influenced and directed by Jewish interests. Since both Democratic party and RepublicanParty are equally influenced by such interests there can be nochange and we can only become more and more directed by israeli interests in the domestic scene and foreign scene. But hey better the Jews than the Communists!!! The majority of Americans either know or sens these things but cannot or do not know how to deal with this since anything you say or do is alwaysviewed negatively by jews and considered anti semetic even though you are a patriotic american and support the constitution of the USA as it is intended to do. =Peter=
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 3:33 am, May 01 2006

peter wrote:anything you say or do is alwaysviewed negatively by jews and considered anti semetic even though you are a patriotic american and support the constitution of the USA as it is intended to do. =Peter=
It's sad that we can't even express an ounce of different opinion in this country without it being being branded with the all too often quote" you're being unAmerican" I've read a quote by one of the KGB's top officials for propaganda on American propaganda. I can't find the quote for the life of me but the man tipped his hat to our propaganda system. He said it was more advanced than Russia's!!!
bd

by peter on 3:36 am, May 01 2006

I have noticed that the OSIA (order of Sons of Italy in America) do not spring to action when Italians are defamed in the newspaper, cinema or TV and Radio media. I complained about a front page column a couple of years ago when a USC was held captive and denied his USA rights accorded him by the constitution with a story titled HOW A DITCH DIGGER FROM ITALY WAS DEPORTED TO ITALY EVEN THOUGH HE WAS A USC..It went to describe how a sicilian boy wass born and raised inthe USA until he was 10 years old and then his parents divorced and he lived in Sicily was drafted inthe Italian army and deserted and surrendered to the US army but was shipped to the USA as a POW and his mother could not get his release because he was in a fascist army. When I called the Wall Street journal myself they said " The reported felt like calling him a ditch digger!!!! I said what would the reporte call hiom if he was a sicilian jew?? The reporters secretary hung up and no one...and I mean no one at the wall street would answer my letters, e-mails or telephone calls. The OSDIA shrigged it off and said to me "Your obviously attentive to Ital;ian slurs aren't you?!!!!!!!=Peter=
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 9:27 pm, May 01 2006

peter wrote: When I called the Wall Street journal myself they said " The reported felt like calling him a ditch digger!!!! I said what would the reporte call hiom if he was a sicilian jew?? The reporters secretary hung up and no one...and I mean no one at the wall street would answer my letters, e-mails or telephone calls. The OSDIA shrigged it off and said to me "Your obviously attentive to Ital;ian slurs aren't you?!!!!!!!=Peter=

After reading that I'm not at all shocked at the outcome when you called them. I used to think when i saw those types of things that it was merely an exception. I wised up however and started to see that it was far from exception living in this country. It's almost a rule that only certain people get discriminated against in the media. We're fair game I guess along with many others. It's really disgusting when you think about it given what we as a culture have given to the U.S. and STILL give to this day!
bd

by peter on 9:43 pm, May 01 2006

Dear bd we still have the last laugh since Sicily while under saracen rule had many well known and well heeled Jewish families living there. I suspect that they founded the first medical school in Palermo which was the first medical school in all of euriope. But they remained after the saracens were booted out of sicily and they were obliged by the inquisition to become catholic but their family names are still known today in Sicily. There is a website http://www.jewishroots.it which will enl;ighten you.=Peter=
peter
practically italian
practically italian

by bd on 7:25 pm, May 04 2006

peter wrote:Dear bd we still have the last laugh since Sicily while under saracen rule had many well known and well heeled Jewish families living there. I suspect that they founded the first medical school in Palermo which was the first medical school in all of euriope. But they remained after the saracens were booted out of sicily and they were obliged by the inquisition to become catholic but their family names are still known today in Sicily. There is a website http://www.jewishroots.it which will enl;ighten you.=Peter=

I'll be sure to check that out. Thank you for the link and post.
bd

Next

Return to philadelphia